Get and Renew Health Insurance
Which health plan is right for you?
There’s a lot to consider: What’s covered? What are the costs? Are the doctors and hospitals convenient for your family?
In Massachusetts: The health insurance marketplace (Health Connector) offers new choices in health plans and new ways to save.
- More people will qualify for financial assistance than ever.
- All plans have the state’s Seal of Approval and provide comprehensive benefits: doctor visits, hospitalization, maternity care, prescriptions, and emergency care.
- We’ll help you understand the differences in coverage, costs (premiums, deductibles and co-pays), and provider networks.
- We’ll help you figure out if you qualify for financial help. (If you’re single and make less than $46,000, or you’re a family of four and make less than $94,000, you may get help paying for health insurance.)
We’ll help you find the best plan for you and your family—and we’ll even help you through the application process. Once you are accepted, we can help you find a doctor who’s close to home. We can also help you find one who speaks your language.
If you’re interested, the Connector also offers dental plans. And if you need help with MassHealth, Medicare, unemployment, and students’ plans, just ask.
If you work in the lobster industry in Maine, or any other fishery, we can help you there as well. Fishing Partnership is working with the MLA to offer the assistance of a local Navigator—April McNutt in Kennebunk, ME. She can explain how the Affordable Care Act affects your state’s health insurance choices and help you find a health plan that works for you and your family. You can contact April directly at 207-967-4555 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“It cut the cost in half. It’s good coverage with no giant deductible. It’s there if we need it. I don’t think I would have had the patience to get through the application without April’s help. She deserves an award.”
– David Cousens, lobsterman
Think you can’t afford health insurance?
Please talk to us. Commercial fishing is the riskiest business in the country—a serious illness or injury could cost you your boat, your house, your whole way of life. We want every fishing family to have the coverage and financial security that affordable health insurance can provide. Call one of our Navigators—we understand what’s at stake and can help you find the health plan that’s right for you and your family.